Thursday, August 21, 2014

Hot and Humid

This week it is really hot and humid so I decided dresses would be the best to wear. Now, inside my office it is freezing so….maybe not the smartest choice since I am in the office more than outside but oh well-live and learn. This is the week of dresses.



I went to my dress closet-yes…I have a separate closet for dresses. Not out of having spare room or money, but well the opposite of that. Small closests in the house, it’s easier to move certain items of clothing to other areas. I have enough dresses that filtering them out to another closet made sense and saved room in the bigger closet. Anyways,  I went to the dress closet and instantly saw this dress. It gets worn randomly, not heavy rotation, but not on the forgotten side of things either. I bought it from New York and Company a few years ago. It is a very light weight silky material-perfect for the heat and humidity! I paired it with some pink studs, a pink gem necklace, and some simple black peep toe heels. This dress could be paired with so many different color shoes/jewelry/cardigans since there are so many colors in it. I kept it simply though this week. My awesome hand placement in the mirror blocks the center of this dress, it’s a bit of a knot in the middle. Adds a little detail to the dress.




I love, love, love this dress! What’s crazy though is that I FORGOT about this dress. I cleaned my closet out this week and found it.  The dress is from Loft but bought on eBay (thrifting!). Normally when I wear this I pair it with a darker purple cardigan I have (seen here) however, with it being so hot I nixed the cardigan. I  didn’t do well pairing it with shoes or jewelry though, hence the lack of shoes in this picture. I normally wear heels with this dress, but this dress is on the shorter side and heels seem to take away from/doesn't look right. So I opted for a pair of flats-however the pair of flats I paired with were  a brown that didn't flow well and were to “heavy” of a shoe, just was a bad match. I paired it with pearl jewelry which was OK but I think some contrasting purple/pink/silver would of looked better. Definitely a dress that is a keeper, but will pair better next time.

Thinking of getting these shoes for the dress…and obviously other outfits as well.

Jessica Simpson-Thaye Flat

0 comments:

Post a Comment