Wednesday, August 13, 2014

What I wore....

                                                         Outfits the week of 8/04/14

Kicking off the new blog! What better topic then clothes and pugs! Cleaned out my bedroom and became aware that I 1. had a ton of clothes 2. had clothes I hadn't worn in....months...years...or ever. I decided to start changing my wardrobe up wearing things I forgot about and documenting it. At first I was just going to document it on instagram but I love blogging to much so here I am. This is also a good way for me to document what I wear, stick to changing up my outfits, and also weed out clothes that don't fit or I no longer care for. Sometimes seeing it on a hanger isn't enough to make a final decision to keep an item. I have kept a lot of clothes because of that however since starting this last week I have already weeded out tops, pants and a dress just because the moment it went on me I realized it was no longer for me. 

Last week I forgot to document one of my outfits and worked from home one day, so that leaves you with the final three. We will start with the beige/brown outfit on the far right. Shoes are a brown strappy peep toe originally from Kohls however I got them at a second hand store. I love these shoes and they are very versatile. However, a piece of the straps buckle is wearing out on both shoes so not sure how much longer they will be around. Does that mean I see new shoes in my future? I think so!!! Skirt is from Forever 21 and was bought about 8 years ago. I have worn it a total of maybe twice prior to this. It still fits really well but has a tendency to ride up through out the day so you are constantly pulling it down. Not sure this will make the final cut. Going to give it a few more wears to be fair though. Top is a lace top with a cami underneath from JcPenney a few years ago. I love this shirt, use to wear it all the time, then it fell out of the rotation so it was nice to bring it in again. It has a snag in the back though and with it being lace its days with me are numbered. I threw my hair up in a messy ponytail and paired it with some various pieces of pearl jewelry I had. Overall was happy with this outfit.

Middle outfit was one of my favorites. The Zebra dress is from JCP a few years ago-like my lace top use to be in heavy rotation the fell out. It is such a comfortable dress and so fun to wear. I paired it with a yellow cardigan I got from Goodwill (thrift stores for the win!) followed up with some more pop of color with a red heart necklace and red wedges by Fergie. The combination of the zebra pattern with the different colors is fun, makes me happy but still flows nicely. 


Casual Friday! Let's start with the top. I got my first Stitch Fix box last week and LOVED it. Not all pieces worked exactly but was very happy with it. I will be getting another box next month and I will review that in more detail and why I am willing to stay with them despite their most recent snafu. This top came from the stitch fix box. It was the only piece I kept. As soon as I put it on I knew I had to keep it. It was so soft and comfortable. Light weight that I could wear it in the Summer, but transition it easily to Fall or Winter. I thought a simple pair of skinny blue jeans (fromAmerican Eagle) and some nude/tan sparkly flats paired with some simple earrings, a watch from Charming Charlie’s was just what this outfit needed. It was comfortable but still felt nice and well put together.


Bandito Burrito made sure to make an appearance in every picture so I am just going to go out on a limb and say he approved these outfits. Who needs Anna Wintour when you have Bandito Burrito. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment