Wednesday, August 13, 2014

What I wore...Weekend Edition!



 Playing catch up between starting my clothing pilgrimage and starting this blog. I've been documenting the pictures so just need to get them uploaded and blogged about. Unfortunately I have the worlds worse laptop known to man. I wish I was joking but the reality and depth of the situation is this- every time I use this laptop I have thoughts of this going through my head:


ok and maybe a little bit of this:


Alas though here I am fighting the good fight to blog on this laptop. So let's do this- The outfit above is what I wore this past Saturday-8/9/14. My normal routine when we go out is to go to my rotation of clothing that I normally wear/fall back on or wear some of my workout attire. I turn to these clothes because they are "comfy" and throw my hair in a ponytail. The thing is what I am wearing above wasn't any less comfortable then what I normally would wear and I actually FELT better because I made the effort to look a little nicer.

Eventually I will start to take pictures of the details/shoes/etc but for now while I play catch up this is what we have. This outfit was all themed around the polka dot tank I am wearing from Old Navy. I LOVE anything polka dots for the most part. When I saw it I instantly knew I had to have it. Then you know what happened? It got hung up in my closet...and hung there until this past weekend..with tags still attached. I had bought it back in June! This is why I am doing this, because I have to many nice pieces to not be wearing them. So yes, back to the outfit, it started with this tank. It was a cooler day so I knew I wanted to wear my dark wash Candie jeans "(from Kohls-few years back) paired with my target gold sandals. I wanted a pop of color added as well so I went to my trusty cardigan collection. This purple cardigan is from J. Crew  however I bought it on eBay. I am a very thrifty shopper. It would be a lie if I say I don't pay for convenience from time to time, however, most of the time if I can get it cheaper I am going to go that route. I topped the outfit off with a gold watch and bracelet, gold earrings, and a gold and black necklace.

As you can see my sidekick Bandito Burrito makes his appearance, as does his blur of a sister Jewel.

Later that night I particpated in a run called the Glow Run. You dress up in bright colors, wear items that glow and run a 5k. It was a good time and I got to share it with my mom and close friends. While I have been documenting my running outfits as well (I have a lot of work out clothes I need to justify as well), this was the only picture I got that night. My dad was trying to find us and asked what I was wearing so naturally I sent him a selfie. I had a bright green under armor tank on. These tanks from under armour are amazing! I got them on zulilly for a really good deal and would definitely buy more if the opportunity presented itself. It was topped off...or perhaps...bottomed off? with some bright pink shorts with neon yellow/green stitching and some tie dye pink compression sleeves. No Bandito here, but I promise you, it has his paw of approval!

 
No Sunday outfits as I was just a bum that day. I had another 5k that morning that I had to help with prior to it starting so I wore a basic running outfit then after showered and ended up in a hoodie, Saints shirt (who dat!) and jeans.

0 comments:

Post a Comment