Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Let's play catch up!


Trying to catch up so I can blog more currently. Still successful at wearing different pieces so far, so I am happy with that. Let’s continue on last week or more accurately known as the week of pants that don’t fit.






So here we are with the gray outfit of the week. I love the shirt- it is from New York and Company and pretty much anything with some type of animal print I am going to love. It is casual enough I can pair with jeans but can still dress it up for work. I had some gray diamond studs I wore with the outfit and paired it with a black watch that had a chevron pattern in it. I think the watch looked horrible with it and I will pair a different one with it next time. I love to wear watches but the darkness of this one just clashes to much with the outfit. Now on to the pants….those pants. Ugh. What is there to say?  I bought them from Victoria’s Secret a few years ago. Again not sure if they ever fit me. They are suppose to be a looser fit/flowly but they are just to much on me. I mean you can’t even see my feet- and they were hemmed!!! If they were a better fit, even if long, you still probably would be able to see my feet. I love the material of these pants though so they are really hard to give up but again…another one bites the dust. RIP Gray Pants! Bandito did NOT approve of them.



I totally forgot to snap a picture of this outfit on. Was my least favorite of the week. I like the shirt and I love anything polka dot. It’s a good color, but the shape of the shirt I am torn on. I am just not sure it is really a good fit on me. I am keeping it though and going to see how often I re-wear it, if that doesn’t happen then it’s going. Now let’s continue our parachute pants themed. Guess what-these are also from Victoria’s Secret –what the French toast? So I only have two pairs of khaki’s and the other pair I absolutely hate, they have no shape, just horrible fit. I like these because they are a bitter fit up top on my waist but like my gray pants, they drown me. You don’t see my feet unless I am wearing insanely tall shoes. That is the overall style of them but I think if they were a size better it would love overall better. As much as  I hate to part with them, I know I must. Another one down…..






The sunshine dress. I love this dress so much and it just makes me so happy. I got it at JCP  a few years ago and is a really good fit on me. The shape/style/fit/material I feel is classic but also reminds me of Mad Men…hmmm…..if this is a Mad Men dress this where is my Don Draper? I mean he is married to Megan in the show..JUST SAYING.  I feel like this dress can transition to early fall still by throwing a simple black cardigan on ( or red…or any other color if you want -be creative!) I paired it with some long flowy black earrings and my penguin shoes! I love, love, love these shoes. Bought them a few years from Shoe Dazzle. They are close toe black and white and then have a random splash of yellow in the back. They are just as fun as the dress is. The only drawback of this outfit is the material of the dress. I like the material but as you can see from being worn on day it wrinkles very easily, so by the end of the day it has a little less polished look, overall though a total winner of an outfit!




Casual Friday-my favorite day! End of the week, couldn’t be a better time. I wore my gold gladiator sandals, a pair of dark wash jeans and one of my favorite tank tops-a  white tank with gold pineapples! Ha! I am not sure why but I was so drawn to this when I first saw it.  I topped it off with some gold feather earrings,  and a gold necklace. I wore a black cardigan with it to work as well-work is always a tad on the freezing side.



Saturday!!! Got my hair touched up and ran some errands with my mom. Wore a pair of my favorite shorts (old navy) some flats from target and a shirt I had forgotten about. I believe the shirt is from JCP. It is really comfy and just looks put together. I wore some teal earrings that were a gift for my birthday years ago.

Sunday.... Nothing to report. Vegged at home and cleaned. Sundays will be nixed with especially with football coming up. I'll just be rotating Saints shirts/jerseys... WHO DAT!

0 comments:

Post a Comment