Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Labor Day Fashion

I hope everyone had a fabulous Labor Day weekend! Mine was amazing but busy. I managed to change wardrobes a few times. I have a clothes problem, obviously.

Saturday's may soon be joining Sunday's in the lack of mention on this blog. Saturdays, with the arrival of college football, will be featuring my Husker gear (GOOOO BIG RED) What this means is that my rotation of clothing will soon stop on Saturday's as I like to wear my Husker gear for the game. I will document each outfit until I have worn all my Husker clothing, then I will stop. There's no need to see repeats. I am going to do the same for Sundays. Sunday's with NFL here will now be days for my Saints gear (WHO DAT!). I have quite a bit of Saints gear so I want to document it, but just like the Husker items, there will come a point where it's being repeated and then I will stop documenting. After football I will go back to my usual Saturday documentation and no posts on Sunday since that's normally my bumming around day. So now that I have that disclaimer out of the way...let's see what I wore Saturday.




Totally forgot to take a picture but I wore this Nebraska Huskers shirt with a pair of jeans. Wore it all day nothing high fashion here. Simple and serves it's purpose.



(Shirt Goodwill-Similar shirt, Jeans-Big Star-Similar Jeans)

Sunday...the day I normally don't document. NFL starts this week but since I had company in town this weekend we went out and about Sunday so I made sure to wear something different and to document. I started the day wearing my Big Star Jeans. I love these jeans, they fit really well and are really comfortable. They were given to me from a friend. Thing is-I would probably NEVER buy them myself- they are $$. Who knows maybe I would, right now though I have a lot of jeans and don't need to be buying any. I paired it with a Bon Jovi gray fitted shirt. I love Bon Jovi-seen him multiple times in concert but never got any concert souvenirs. Found this gem of a shirt at Goodwill and knew it was destiny. I paired it with a blingy watch from Charming Charlie and some sandals I got at target...more on those sandals on a post tomorrow.

Pre-Rain/Flood outfit:



(Shirt-Nike, Jeans-Big Star-Similar Jeans)

Post Rain/Flood outfit:


(Tank-Old Navy-Similar Tank, Capris-Silver-Similar Capris, Sandals-Target)


Later that night we were going to go check out a Omaha Storm Chaser's baseball game. They are the triple A team to the Kansas City Royals so I felt it was only appropriate to wear my KC Royal's tank. Switched out Bon Jovi for this and went to the game....then it started raining...and the rain got heavier and it was essentially a flood for me and my short legs. Feet and bottom of my jeans just drenched in water. We ended up leaving I changed, yet again, so we could go meet up with some friends. This outfit was the same sandals some Silver capris and a tank I got from Old Navy. I didn't feel AMAZING in this outfit, but also didn't feel horrible. I wore it and called it good. It got me thinking though, should you keep clothes, or really anything in your life that doesn't bring you joy? My sandals and capris I was fine with, but there was something about the tank that I just didn't care for. It could of just been the pairing of the outfit together. It may just go better with shorts. I am going to keep it and see how I feel next time I wear it. If I feel the same then I think it needs to go.




(Shirt-Stitch Fix, Shorts-Old Navy)


The sort of repeat offender. I was going to be lazy Monday but then ended up running some errands. It was nice enough outside I thought it would be a good opportunity to wear some shorts. I chose my white shorts which I have only worn once since purchasing. I wore again with my new white sandals from Target and eeeek wore with my Stitch Fix top. While I know I have worn this top before the outfit together is a new and includes a piece I haven't worn yet, so for me,  it is not a repeat offender. The top paired really nicely with the shorts and I was overall really happy with the outfit.

0 comments:

Post a Comment