Sunday, September 14, 2014

Six weeks and going

Still going strong, though there have a been few instances I have REALLY wanted to go back to comfortable and familiar. This week while cleaning out my closet I realized how bad my clothing problem was. What is a normal, acceptable amount of clothing for one to have hanging in their closet?? Anyone?? I counted mine and came to 120 and STOPPED there. I probably had 10-15 more pieces to count. The sad part is what's in my closet doesn't account for: sleep wear, jeans, work pants/skirts, regular cotton t-shirts (ones I get from running and cycling), camis, workout apparel, dresses, tank tops, or coats/jackets/fleeces. I love clothes. It's who I am and who I have always been. I don't foresee it changing but I do realize if I am genuinely not going to wear something then it just needs to go, end of story, so with that I started becoming more cut throat with what I was getting rid/selling and honestly it felt good. I know more will come to as I go further into this.

Really, I know I should NEVER ever complain about having nothing to wear because point blank that is obviously not true. 







Jersey: NFL Pro Shop // Leggings: JCP- Similar
So going strong on week 6 I started the week on Sunday sporting my customized New Orleans Saints jersey (WHO DAT!). It obviously did not bring me the good juju I needed for the team, but hey, it was another article of clothing I can now check off of wearing! My nickname is Meg-Lovin...along time ago when Super Bad came out I photo shopped a picture of myself in McLovin's Hawaii driver's license and changed McLovin to MegLovin....and so a nickname was born. It has stuck with me since. I paired it some leggings that had some studs on the side and also zip. It was a great, comfortable look to watch them lose in womp womp. 


Cardigan: Old Navy // Dress: Local Store- Similar //Shoes: ShoeDazzle
I really like this dress. It's a pretty dress and good fit for my body type. However, I am not in LOVE with this dress and have been having those feelings for awhile so I decided it's time to sell it. You will find it posted over my "For Sale" page. I paired it with a matching cardigan from Old Navy and some kitten heel peep toe shoes from Shoe Dazzle. Skipped on jewelry for the day. 


Dress: JCP //Shoes: ShoeDazzle 

Cold front is getting ready to move in but I am making my best effort to squeeze a few remaining dresses in. I love this pink dress and even the people at Subway loved it (thanks for the compliment Subway!). I always feel that this dress looks good with a brown pair of shoes. I debated on switching it up to neutral but really wasn't feeling it. It has a tie belt and POCKETS!!!! I LOVE POCKETS!!! Plus it's essentially a polka-dot dress another love of mine. I have been pretty sick this week so makeup and jewelry has been minimal if at all. 




Dress: Candies // Cardigan: Express // Shoes: Target

This will probably be the last spring/summer dress you see. I really had to squeeze this one in because the day I wore it I was freezing!!! I have a few other Spring/Summer dresses but I have worn those throughout the Summer and know I will wear them again next year. So this dress, I love. The skirt is a little more fully and just makes me happy. Something about it screams Easter to me too. Not sure what it is but there is something. I tried REALLY hard to make this more of a Fall outfit. I paired it with close toe brown flats, a burnt orange cardigan and some jewelry to match. I, again, got lots of compliments on this one but I feel it still was saying I am a SPRING dress. It got it's wear in and will retire until warm or luke warmer days. 


Pants: JCP // Shirt: Gap // Shoes: Target

Went really casual on this day. Wore another pair of black slacks I have from JCP with some closed toe black pumps from Target and a animal print shirt from the Gap. I love this shirt-it's super comfortable and warm. However...the color is a blue...and it seems to bleed whenever it's wet. My hair was wet for a bit while I wore this and one side of this is just kind of bleeding through the shirt. I am going to keep it but I think it'll be downgraded to a lounging shirt. 


Top: Old Navy // Jeans: American Eagle // Shoes: ShoeDazzle

DeJa Vu? I ordered this sweater the past week from Old Navy when I also bought these AMAZING red pants which you will see eventually. This sweater looks so much like the sweater worn the previous day. It makes sense since Gap and Old Navy are from the same company. This sweater though was "sweater" material where the previous day was more of a sweatshirt material. Loved it and am hoping to get through my remaining pieces of clothing so that I can wear it more. Paired it with some jeans from from American Eagle which are super worn in but so comfortable I don't want to give them up. Topped with or better phrased- bottomed off with some really cute booties I bought from ShoeDazzle a few years ago. 


Top: Local Store // Jeans: Victoria's Secret // Boots: Target

Go Big Red!!! Seriously I was so tired by the end of the game but was so worth staying up for. Here was my Saturday attire supporting my team!! Now off to start week 7!

0 comments:

Post a Comment