Sunday, September 7, 2014

Let's talk about shoes, baby!




Seriously, who doesn't just LOVE shoes? Okay... I am sure there are some people out there who don't like shoes...or maybe just not like shoes as much as I do. I have a serious shoe problem. I mean it is out of control. I SMUGGLE shoes in just so my boyfriend won't realize I bought a new pair. Then later on I'm all like, "Oh look at this pair of shoes I found in my closet-still has the tags on it. Can't BELIEVE I forgot about them." Yea people, I have an addiction, a full blown, need help addiction to shoes. I thought I shook it. Went stone cold without buying some for a while. Then...I relapsed. I relapsed hard. 

I bought 5 pairs of shoes. In a week.


"Hi, I'm Megan and I am addicted to shoes."




I have over 100 pairs of shoes (I counted...and then documented with pictures). However, through this clothing experiment of mine I am coming face to face with reality-some of my precious shoes really don't fit me that well. Alas, I must say bon voyage.  However, when one door closes one opens, right? Or maybe it's when one pair of shoes leaves your life a new pair walks into it? Yea...I think that's more like it. So let's meet my newest lovers!


(Shoes-Target-Color: Taupe)



(Shoes-Target- Color: Black)


(Shoes-Target-Color: Animal Print)


A friend of mine introduced me to these flats from Target. I had been needing a pair the color the same color she was wearing then she uttered these words to me while we were discussing them- "They are on sale. Only $12.00." SOLD! The next day I went to get a pair and they didn't have my size! I was upset but I have a Target debit card and knew I could get free shipping, so online I went to order them. As we walked away I saw they were clearance their sandals out but I was strong and didn't look...at least not right then. I went home and got online to order the shoes. That's really where the problem started. I saw that not only did they have it in this nude color I needed they also had it in a black. I have been NEEDING  a good, simple pair of black flats. At only $12.00 and free shipping.. I mean come on, I had to get them. Then, suddenly, I saw a pair of leopard flats! On sale as well! Only $12.00. SHUT THE FRONT DOOR AND TAKE ALL MY MONEY! 


So yea... I got them. I had looked at a pair of red pants that I plan on buying this week and when I saw them I thought a pair of leopard flats would look great. It was destiny seeing those shoes really. Plus free shipping and 5% off more using my card. I am not sure why I am trying to justify this to my readers...isn't that a sign of an addiction? See, told you, full blown addiction.

I really do love them. They are simple but versatile. Comfortable for work and going out. I am a sucker for shoes at Target because they often have my tiny size of 5 1/2 but also are a good price and I have always been really happy with the quality. 




(Shoes-Target-Color: White)






(Shoes-Target-Color: Cognac)

So, about my love for Target's shoes...and those sandals I skipped out on. I went back there this weekend and totally scored. I have been wanting some new sandals. I know Fall is on it's way in but I feel a good pair of sandals can last you a few years. I am sick of flip flops, but also cheap and didn't' feel like paying full price for their sandals during the Summer. Little did I know that was going to work out to my advantage. JACKPOT.

I skimmed the clearance not finding my size, then looked on an end-cap and there they were, in my size. Better yet? Only $5.08-holy cheeseballs. How could I say no? I mean at that price they were basically giving them to me. So I bought two. JUST TWO. Then I proceeded to smuggle them in....I did come clean about these.  A heart knows what a heart wants.  The two sandals I got were a good though and again like the flats very versatile and will help me stop wearing crappy flip flops. I like a sturdier sandal. Flip flops I really only like to wear when going swimming, after a run etc. So needless to say these pretty sandals came into my life, and it has been great sense.

If you haven't yet- check out this hilarious YouTube video. It's been around for years, my friends and I use to quote it allll the time and I knew some GIF's from it would be perfect for this post. enjoy and have a fabulous new week! Post tomorrow on this past weeks attire.








1 comments: